1. Pre-inspect the goods: Before shipping seamless steel pipes, be sure to inspect the goods. The inspection includes appearance integrity, dimensional specifications, quality, etc. Any issues that may affect the quality and safety of the goods should be resolved before shipment.
2. Packaging protection: Seamless steel pipes are susceptible to external impacts such as impact, squeezing and scratching during transportation, so they need to be protected with appropriate packaging materials. Packaging should be strong and reliable, and can effectively reduce the impact of vibration and friction on the goods.
3. Reasonable placement: Seamless steel pipes that are too long should be shortened appropriately during transportation to avoid tailing. Cargo should be placed stably and avoid tilting and rolling over as much as possible.
1. Choose a storage place: Seamless steel pipes should be stored in a dry, ventilated and clean place, away from acid and alkali substances and corrosive gases. The location should be equipped with moisture-proof, dust-proof and vibration-proof measures to ensure that the goods are not damaged during long-term storage.
3. Protective measures: When storing seamless steel pipes, they need to be covered with materials such as covers or plastic films to avoid erosion of the goods by dust, rain, etc. In addition, regular inspections should be carried out to remove blockages or dirt in a timely manner.
Precautions for transportation and storage of seamless steel pipes are of great significance to ensure the quality and safety of the goods. By paying attention to packaging, protection and placement during transportation, and paying attention to the environment and flipping during storage, quality damage and safety accidents to seamless steel pipes can be effectively reduced. Therefore, we must always pay attention to the transportation and storage precautions of seamless steel pipes to ensure that they can exert the best performance and effect during use.
What grade is carbon steel seamless pipe?
Typical carbon steel pipe material grades in API 5L Grade B, X42 to X70, ASTM A106 B, ASTM A53 B, ASTM A252 Grade 3 and ASTM A333 Grade 6 etc. PMC offers various of carbon steel pipes including seamless, welded (ERW EFW, LSAW, SSAW) steel pipes for the mining industries.