Oil casing pipe
is mainly used to support the well walls of oil, gas and water wells, and is an important guarantee for the normal operation of oil, gas and water wells after drilling and completion. Due to factors such as casing purchase, quality, transportation, storage, and use, casing damage sometimes occurs, resulting in reduced production or even scrapping of oil and gas wells, causing significant economic losses to oil and gas field companies. The following analyzes the key points of quality control in the procurement and production stages of oil casing.
Oil casing pipe procurement:
Based on the exploration and development deployment and drilling plan, users need to develop a demand plan in advance, including model, steel grade, buckle type, wall thickness, length range, weight, quantity and special requirements, such as specifications and grades, thread grease models, thread protector types , raw material manufacturers, etc.
The key control points for oil and casing procurement are as follows.
(1) Clarify the pipe model, steel grade, thread type, wall thickness, length range, weight, quantity and special requirements.
(2) Clarify casing standards, such as API standards, national standards, industry standards, enterprise standards, etc. Relatively speaking, API standard requirements are relatively loose, and each standard has subtle differences. When filling in the ordering conditions, the standards must be clearly defined. Typically API pipelines are used. If it is an enterprise affiliated with a unit such as China National Petroleum Corporation, it must also comply with group company standards.
(3) Check the supplier's sales performance, quality and service of similar products in the past three years to see if there are any bad records.
(4) Clarify pipeline quality inspection methods, implementation standards, inspection items, judgment standards and other matters.
(5) The Procurement Review Committee recommends that technical personnel from the user unit, testing agency, procurement department and relevant departments participate. If necessary, technical personnel from drilling and other operating units can be invited to participate. Give full consideration to quality and choose manufacturers with reasonable prices.
(6) Purchase strictly in accordance with prescribed procedures and requirements.
Oil casing pipe production:
After confirming the supplier, if the quantity is uncertain, the user should place a purchase order in advance according to the demand and specify the delivery date and location.
The key control points for oil casing production are as follows:
(1) Carry out factory-based production supervision in accordance with regulations, select a qualified and skilled production supervision team, and send additional personnel on standby for supervision when necessary.
(2) If the manufacturer is a pipe thread processing factory, it needs to pay more strict attention to its quality assurance capabilities, focusing on supervising whether its CNC lathes, pressure testing equipment, flaw detection equipment, testing equipment, spray paint packaging, etc. are complete. The equipment is complete and intact, and the relevant data is accurate and reliable; focus on checking the procurement channels, quality, material performance, test reports, etc. of raw materials. If necessary, send personnel to raw material production companies to conduct factory supervision to ensure that the casing performance meets the requirements.
(3) Strengthen the supervision of factory-based manufacturing supervision service units, review the qualifications and performance of their units and individuals, and occasionally go on-site to inspect the staffing, technical level and other working conditions of the manufacturing supervision units, as well as the completeness and traceability of records . For important projects, it is recommended that a professional third-party testing agency conduct factory inspection.
(4) For important processes such as physical and chemical testing, non-destructive testing, hydraulic testing, pipe thread processing, and diameter, set them as key control points for manufacturing supervision, and reflect that the relevant content has been submitted in the formal manufacturing supervision report.
(5) Pipes leaving the factory must be signed and approved by the factory’s manufacturing supervisor, who must supervise the shipment. The supervision results must be issued as a formal and compliant production supervision report, which is legally binding. After the pipes are put into storage, they must pass the product quality inspection by a third-party testing agency before they can be used.
Read more: Steel Well Casing Pipe Sizes