Precision tubes are high-density precision seamless steel tubes produced by cold drawing or cold rolling. Precision tubes are used to manufacture machined structures and auto parts. The precision tube has small outer diameter, good quality, and can be mass-produced. How to package the precision tubes after they are produced so that they can be safely delivered to customers? Today, PMC seamless tube manufacturers will introduce several packaging methods in detail.
The packaging requirements of precision tubes are basically divided into two categories: one is ordinary bundling, and the other is loaded in wooden boxes.
1. Bundle packaging
(1) Avoid damage to precision tubes during bundling and transportation, and the bundling labels must be consistent.
(2) The same bundle of precision tubes should be precision tubes of the same furnace number (batch number), same steel grade, and same specification, and should not be bundled in the same furnace (batch number), and those less than one bundle should be bundled into small bundles.
(3) The weight of each bundle of precision tubes should not exceed 50kg. The bundle weight can be increased with the consent of the user, but not more than 80kg.
(4) When bundling flat-end precision tubes, one end should be aligned, the difference between the tube ends at the aligned end is less than 20mm, and the length difference of each bundle of precision tubes is less than 10mm, but the length difference of each bundle of precision tubes ordered according to the usual length is less than 5mm , the length and second length of a bundle of precision tubes shall not exceed 10mm.
2. Bundling requirements
The length of the precision tube is greater than or equal to 6m, and each bundle is tied with at least 8 straps, divided into 3 groups, and tied into 3-2-3; the length of the precision tube is less than 6m, and each bundle is tied with at least 5 straps, divided into 3 groups, tied into 2 -1-2; The length of the precision tube is greater than or equal to 3m, and each bundle is tied with at least 3 straps, divided into 3 groups, and tied into 1-1-1. Schematic diagram of the position of the bundled steel strips for fixed-length precision tubes with a length greater than or equal to 6 meters. When there are special requirements, 4 plastic snap rings or nylon rope loops can be added to a single precision tube. The snap rings or rope loops should be fastened firmly. There must be no looseness or falling off.
3. Wooden box packing
(1) Cold-rolled or cold-drawn seamless precision tubes and hot-rolled precision tubes with surface polishing can be packed in wooden boxes (such as plastic boxes and wooden boxes).
(2) The weight of the packed wooden box should comply with the provisions of the contract. After negotiation between the supplier and the buyer, the maximum weight of each wooden box can be increased.
(3) When the precision tube is packed into a wooden box, the inner wall of the wooden box should be covered with cardboard, plastic cloth or other moisture-proof materials. The wooden box should be tight and not seepage.
(4) For precision tubes packed in wooden boxes, a sign should be attached inside the wooden box. A sign should also be hung on the outer end face of the wooden box.
(5) There are special packaging requirements for precision tubes, which should be agreed between the supplier and the buyer.
Go here to learn more about " Carbon Steel Pipe Schedule Chart"