ASTM standards are widely used in Seamless steel pipe,
like the API 5L/5CT, ASTM A106
, ASTM A53
1. ASTM American Standard seamless pipe chemical composition analysis
Instrument analysis and chemical analysis can be used. For chemical analysis of the sample sub-melting samples, ingot drill cuttings, pipe samples. Smelting samples generally use instrumental analysis, pipe samples of finished products using chemical analysis and analysis together. Commonly used chemical analysis instruments are: infrared carbon and sulfur instrument, direct reading spectrometer, X-ray fluorescence spectrometer.
2. ASTM American Standard seamless pipe size and shape inspection
Check the contents include: wall thickness, diameter, length, curvature, ovality, port slope and blunt angle and the shape of the cross-sectional shape of steel pipe.
3. ASTM American Standard seamless pipe surface quality testing
Artificial eye examination and non-destructive examination. There are many nondestructive testing methods, such as: ultrasonic flaw detection, eddy current testing, magnetic particle inspection, magnetic flux leakage testing, electromagnetic ultrasonic flaw detection and penetration testing. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. Suitable for testing steel surface or near surface: eddy current testing, magnetic particle testing, magnetic flux leakage testing, penetrant inspection. The penetrant inspection is limited to the inspection of the open defects on the surface of the steel pipe; magnetic particle inspection, magnetic flux leakage testing, eddy current testing is limited to ferromagnetic materials inspection. Eddy current flaw detection is more sensitive to point defects, other flaws sensitive to cracks. However, the ultrasonic flaw detection has a relatively rapid response to the test of the surface of the steel pipe. There are still some difficulties in the qualitative analysis of the steel pipe, and the ultrasonic inspection is also limited by the shape and grain size of the steel pipe.
4. ASTM American Standard seamless pipe chemical testings
Mechanical properties tests (tensile test, ductility test, hardness test), hydraulic test and corrosion test (intergranular corrosion test, hydrogen cracking resistance test -HIC, sulfur sulfide stress cracking test -SSCC) at room temperature or at a certain temperature.
5. ASTM American Standard seamless pipe technology performance test
Including flattening test, ring pull test, flaring and curling test, bending test.
6. ASTM American Standard seamless pipe metallographic analysis
Including low magnification and high magnification inspection.
7. Petroleum pipe thread parameter testing
Including the coupling detection, pipe thread detection and pipe body and the coupling after the tightening test.
1. Annealed seamless steel pipes with inner diameters above 6.0mm and wall thickness below 13mm can use W-B75 Webster hardness tester, which is very fast and easy to test, and is suitable for seamless steel pipes. Fast and non-destructive qualification inspection.
2. For seamless steel pipes with inner diameter greater than 30mm and wall thickness greater than 1.2mm, use Rockwell hardness tester to test HRB and HRC hardness.
3. For seamless steel pipes with inner diameter greater than 30mm and wall thickness less than 1.2mm, the surface Rockwell hardness tester shall be used to test the hardness of HRT or HRN.
4. For seamless steel pipes with inner diameters less than 0mm and greater than 4.8mm, use Rockwell hardness tester for pipes to test HR15T hardness.
5. When the inner diameter of the seamless steel pipe is greater than 26mm, the hardness of the inner wall of the pipe can also be tested with a Rockwell or surface Rockwell hardness tester.