SSAW steel pipe definition: It is made by winding a low carbon carbon structural steel or low alloy structural steel strip into a blank according to a certain helix angle (called forming angle), and then welding it together. It can be used in a narrower way. Strip production of large diameter steel pipes. Its specifications are expressed in terms of outer diameter and wall thickness. The welded pipe should ensure that the hydrostatic test, the tensile strength and the cold bending performance of the weld be in compliance with the regulations.
Advantages of SSAW steel pipe
(1) The use of steel strips of the same width enables the production of steel pipes of different diameters, in particular the production of large-diameter steel pipes with narrow strip steel.
(2) Under the same pressure conditions, the spiral welds are subjected to a smaller stress than the straight seams, which is 75% to 90% of the straight seam welded pipes, and can therefore withstand greater pressures. Compared with the straight welded pipe with the same outer diameter, under the same pressure, the wall thickness can be reduced by 10% to 25%.
(3) Accurate size, general diameter tolerance is not more than 0.12%, deflection is less than 1/2000, ellipticity is less than 1%, and sizing and straightening processes are generally omitted.
(4) It can be continuously produced. In theory, it can produce infinitely long steel pipes, and the loss of cutting and cutting tails is small, which can increase the metal utilization rate by 6% to 8%.
(5) Compared with the straight seam welded pipe, its operation is flexible and the adjustment of the replacement type is convenient.
(6) The equipment is light and the initial investment is small. It can be made into a trailer-type flow unit and the welded pipe can be produced directly at the construction site where the pipeline is laid.
(7) It is easy to realize mechanization and automation.
The disadvantage of ssaw steel pipe: due to the use of rolled steel as raw material, there is a certain crescent of the crescent, and the welding point is in the edge zone of the elastic strip, so it is difficult to align the welding torch and affect the welding quality. To this end, complex weld seam tracking and quality inspection equipment must be set up.
How to increase the stability of the ssaw steel pipe?
1. The principle requirement of spiral steel pipe stacking is to stack according to varieties and specifications under the premise of stable stacking and ensuring safety. Different types of materials should be stacked separately to prevent muddling and mutual erosion;
2. It is forbidden to store items that are corrosive to steel around the spiral steel pipe stack;
3. The bottom of the spiral steel pipe stack should be high, firm and flat to prevent the material from being damp or deformed;
4. The same materials are stacked separately according to the order of storage;
5. Spiral steel pipe sections stacked in the open must have wooden mats or slabs underneath, and the stacking surface should be slightly inclined to facilitate drainage, and pay attention to the flat and straight materials to prevent bending and deformation;
6. The stacking height of spiral steel pipes should not exceed 1.2m for manual work, 1.5m for mechanical work, and 2.5m in stack width;
7. There should be a certain passage between the stack and the stack, the inspection channel is generally 0.5m, and the access channel depends on the size of the material and the transportation machinery, generally 1.5～2.0m;
8. Angle steel and channel steel stacked in the open air should be laid down, that is, the mouth should be facing down, the I-beam should be placed upright, and the I-slot surface of the steel should not be facing up to avoid rusting due to accumulation of water;
9. Elevation of the bottom of the stack. If the warehouse is a sunny cement floor, the elevation should be 0.1m; if it is a muddy floor, the elevation must be 0.2~0.5m. If it is an open field, the cement floor should be 0.3-0.5m high, and the sand-soil surface should be 0.5-0.7m high.
Tips: ASTM/ASME A53/SA53 seamless and welded steel pipe is a general, all-purpose pipe used in generator plants, refineries, compressor stations, natural gas transmission, and steam conduction. It is acceptable for welding, flanging, and bending.