How to effectively prevent carbon steel pipes & tubes from corrosion?
1) Understand the corrosion principle of carbon steel pipes
Before carrying out anti-corrosion treatment of carbon steel pipes, it is essential to understand the corrosion principles. Carbon steel pipes are mainly composed of iron and carbon. When exposed to air and water vapor, they are prone to oxidation reactions, resulting in rust. Therefore, to fundamentally solve the corrosion problem of carbon steel pipes, we must find an effective anti-rust method.
2) Commonly used anti-corrosion methods for carbon steel pipes
1. Coating anti-corrosion
Coating agent is applied to the surface of carbon steel pipes, which can effectively isolate the air and thereby prevent rust. Common pipe coating
anti-corrosion materials currently on the market include epoxy resin, polyurethane, polyester, fluorocarbon, etc.
2. Hot-dip galvanizing
Immersing the carbon steel pipe in a hot-dip galvanizing
tank for galvanizing treatment can coat the outer layer of the carbon steel pipe with a zinc layer, effectively isolating the contact between air and water and preventing pipeline corrosion.
3. Thermal spray zinc
Spraying a layer of zinc coating on the surface of carbon steel pipes can effectively prevent corrosion and is suitable for pipes with relatively large diameters.
4. Epoxy powder anti-corrosion
The epoxy powder is attached to the surface of the carbon steel pipe and dried at high temperature to form a corrosion-resistant coating with waterproof, oil-proof, acid-proof, alkali-proof and other corrosion-resistant properties.
1. Choose the appropriate anti-corrosion method. Different pipe materials have different applicable methods. You need to choose according to the actual situation.
2. Before anti-corrosion treatment, the carbon steel pipe needs to be fully cleaned, scratched and cut to ensure that the coating or paint can fully adhere to the pipe surface.
3. During the use of pipelines, it is necessary to regularly check whether there is damage, wear, scratches, etc. on the surface of the pipeline, and carry out timely repair and replacement work to ensure the normal operation and life of the pipeline.
The above are several common methods for anti-corrosion of carbon steel pipes. I hope they can be helpful to everyone. In order to ensure the stability and safety of pipelines, they must be operated and maintained in strict accordance with relevant regulations during use.
What grade is carbon steel seamless pipe?
Typical carbon steel pipe material grades in API 5L Grade B, X42 to X70, ASTM A106 B, ASTM A53 B, ASTM A252 Grade 3 and ASTM A333 Grade 6 etc. PMC offers various of carbon steel pipes including seamless, welded (ERW EFW, LSAW, SSAW) steel pipes for the mining industries.