Features of lsaw steel pipe structure
in design are as follows:
(1) The geometrical characteristics of the pipe section are good, the pipe wall is generally thin, the cross-section material is distributed around the centroid, the radius of rotation of the cross-section is large, and it has strong torsional rigidity; as a member subjected to compression, bending and bi-directional bending, The bearing capacity is higher, and the accuracy of flatness and cross-sectional dimensions of the cold-formed pipe is better than that of the hot-rolled opening.
(2) In terms of anti-hydrodynamic properties, the cross-section of the circular pipe is the best, and the effect of wind and water flow is greatly reduced. Rectangular tube sections are similar in this respect to other open sections.
(3) The steel pipe is a closed section; in the case of the same average thickness and cross-sectional area, the exposed surface area is approximately 50% to 60% of the open section, which is beneficial to anti-corrosion and can save coating materials.
(4) The connection of its nodes is suitable for direct welding. It may not pass through the gusset plate or other connecting parts, which saves labor and material.
(5) The appearance is more beautiful, especially the pipe truss made of steel pipe components, no extra nodes are connected, and the modern sense is strong.
(6) If necessary, concrete can also be poured in the pipe to form a composite component.
Because of the above advantages, the steel pipe structure can save about 20% of steel in industrial buildings and 50% in tower structures compared with structures made of open cross-sections. The structure of the steel pipe can adopt the round tube structure or the rectangular tube
structure according to the specific conditions of the force conditions, supply conditions, production and processing conditions, and cost of the components, and can also be used in a mixture of two kinds of steel tubes. When used in combination, the chords are generally rectangular tubes, and the webs are round tubes; sometimes, the chords may be made of I-beam or H-shaped steel, rectangular tubes or round tubes for webs.