Advantages of ERW steel pipe compared with seamless steel pipe are following below:
(1) High dimensional accuracy. ERW steel pipe diameter and wall thickness than the seamless steel pipe deviation is much smaller, because of the high dimensional accuracy of strip rolling and pipe material control.
(2) Good mechanical properties. As the ERW steel pipe with easy control of rolling, with the welding technology and on-line heat treatment technology, the performance of the weld can be controlled, so straight seam welded steel pipe elongation than seamless steel pipe 8% -10% higher, which Is because the straight seam electric-welded pipe carbon content of less than 12% lower than the seamless tube.
(3) ERW steel pipe with high concentricity, uniform wall thicknessAfter heat treatment, the microstructure is uniform and has a strong ability to collapse.
(4) As the extension of the steel is good, the flattening test of the straight seam steel pipe is better than the seamless test.
(5) The impact toughness of ERW steel pipe is higher than that of seamless steel pipe.
(6) Longitudinal resistance welded tubes are not welded to different metals, but they also undergo rigorous on-line heat treatment, and therefore the basic properties of welding and material properties.
Tips: ASTM A53 Grade B is more popular than other grades. ASTM A53 ERW pipe is a typical carbon steel pipe. It is largely used to convey fluids at low / medium pressures such as oil, gas, steam, water, air and also for mechanical applications.