SSAW pipe meaning
: It is made by winding a low carbon carbon structural steel or low alloy structural steel strip into a blank according to a certain helix angle (called forming angle), and then welding it together. It can be used in a narrower way. Strip production of large diameter steel pipes. Its specifications are expressed in terms of outer diameter and wall thickness. The welded pipe should ensure that the hydrostatic test, the tensile strength and the cold bending performance of the weld be in compliance with the regulations.
Advantages of ssaw steel pipe
(1) The use of steel strips of the same width enables the production of steel pipes of different diameters, in particular the production of large-diameter steel pipes with narrow strip steel.
(2) Under the same pressure conditions, the spiral welds are subjected to a smaller stress than the straight seams, which is 75% to 90% of the straight seam welded pipes, and can therefore withstand greater pressures. Compared with the straight welded pipe with the same outer diameter, under the same pressure, the wall thickness can be reduced by 10% to 25%.
(3) Accurate size, general diameter tolerance is not more than 0.12%, deflection is less than 1/2000, ellipticity is less than 1%, and sizing and straightening processes are generally omitted.
(4) It can be continuously produced. In theory, it can produce infinitely long steel pipes, and the loss of cutting and cutting tails is small, which can increase the metal utilization rate by 6% to 8%.
(5) Compared with the straight seam welded pipe, its operation is flexible and the adjustment of the replacement type is convenient.
(6) The equipment is light and the initial investment is small. It can be made into a trailer-type flow unit and the welded pipe can be produced directly at the construction site where the pipeline is laid.
(7) It is easy to realize mechanization and automation.
The disadvantage of ssaw steel pipe: due to the use of rolled steel as raw material, there is a certain crescent of the crescent, and the welding point is in the edge zone of the elastic strip, so it is difficult to align the welding torch and affect the welding quality. To this end, complex weld seam tracking and quality inspection equipment must be set up.
How to increase the stability of the ssaw steel pipe?
First, Small and medium-sized steel, wire rods, steel bars, medium-diameter steel pipes, steel wires and wire ropes, etc., can be stored in a well-ventilated shed, but must be lining up and down.
Second. Some small steel materials, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steel plates, small-caliber or thin-walled steel pipes, various cold-rolled and cold-drawn steel products, and expensive, easily corroded metal products may be stored in storage.
Third. The place or warehouse where spiral steel pipe products are to be kept should be located in a clean and unobstructed place, away from factories and mines that produce harmful gases or dust. Weeds and all debris should be removed from the site to keep the steel clean.
Fourth, Large-sized steel, steel rails, insult steel, large diameter steel pipes, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air.
Fifth, In the warehouse must not be stacked together with acid, alkali, salt, cement and other materials that are aggressive to steel. Different types of steel should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and prevent contact corrosion.