The storage of seamless steel tubes requires the selection of suitable sites and warehouses, and usually requires the following conditions:
(1) The site or warehouse where the steel is to be stored shall be selected in a clean and well-drained place away from the factories and mines that generate harmful gases or dust. Weeds and all debris should be removed from the site to keep the steel clean.
(2) Do not stack materials that are corrosive to steel, such as acid, alkali, salt or cement, in the warehouse. Different types of steel should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and prevent contact corrosion.
(3) Large-scale steel, rail, insult steel plate, large-diameter steel pipe, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air.
(4) Small and medium-sized steel, wire rod, steel bar, medium-diameter steel pipe, steel wire and steel wire rope, etc., can be stored in a well-ventilated shed, but must be placed on the underside.
(5) Some small steel, thin steel, steel, silicon steel, small-diameter or thin-walled steel pipes, various cold-rolled and cold-drawn steels, and high-priced, corrosive metal products can be stored in the warehouse.
(6) Warehouse should be selected according to geographical conditions, generally adopting ordinary enclosed warehouses, that is, warehouses with walls, doors and windows, and ventilation facilities.
(7) The warehouse needs to pay attention to ventilation on sunny days, and pay attention to closing the moisture on rainy days, and always maintain a proper storage environment.